DB2 for i5/OS On Demand Performance Center and Futures
Mark Anderson, IBM
March 20, 2007 FASUG Meeting
DB2 for i5/OS On Demand Performance Center and Futures On Demand Performance Center is a new set of comprehensive performance analysis and tuning tools provided in DB2 for i5/OS V5R4.
These tools have been designed to be On Demand. For example, index advice is available instantly without having to run any type of monitoring or analysis tool.
You can instantly view the most expensive queries (both static and dynamic) and analyze them without having to run any type of monitoring or package analysis tool.
And since DB2 for i5/OS is integrated into System i, the tools are provided at no charge as a part of i5/OS Navigator on every System i V5R4 system.
- Tools to Manage Indexes and MQTs
- Show Indexes (enhanced)
- Show Materialized Query Tables (new)
- Manage Index Rebuilds (new)
- Index Advisor (new)
- Tools to Monitor and Analyze the SQL Plan Cache
- Filter and Show SQL Plan Cache (new)
- SQL Plan Cache Snapshots (new)
- Analyze (new)
- Tools to Monitor and Analyze SQL Performance
- Performance monitor filtering (enhanced)
- Explainable Statement filters (enhanced)
- Analyze (enhanced)
- Compare monitors (new)
- Tools to Control Resource Intensive Queries
- Resource Governor (new)
- Governor Exit Point (new)
- Tools to Show Current Activity
- Statistics Requests (enhanced)
- Current SQL for a Job (enhanced)
- Tools to Show Current Database Limits and Sizes
But we are not done yet...several additions to the On Demand Performance Center have been designed for a future release of i5/OS.
Our Speaker is Mark Anderson, Chief Architect for DB2 for i5/OS.
Register OnLine to Attend this Meeting
Web Site by: Ashway Consulting, LLC